About this episode: This week will cover topics on repurposing your newsletter content, creating sales funnels that work for you, and the importance of having a sales funnel. Jens is an expert in email marketing and he’ll discuss in the detailed importance of repurposing newsletter content as well as why it’s beneficial to every newsletter creator to have at least a basic sales funnel. The best newsletter creators are able to repurpose their newsletter content in many ways, effectively maximizing their surface area on the internet. Every week newsletter creators spend hours upon hours creating unique content. Why not repurpose that in as many was as possible? Content repurposing also expands the top of your sales funnel with little to no work.
Show Notes & Insights:
- Email is the only platform you own.
- You don’t own your Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, etc. It’s on rented land.
- Email is a very intimate way to communicate with your fans, followers, and customers.
- Repurposing content is huge when you’re running multiple newsletters.
- Ways to repurpose your newsletter: create a twitter thread out of it, visual tweets, blog post, create a podcast episode for every issue.
- If you’re spending hours doing research for your newsletter, you should always repurpose is in as many ways as possible.
- The main goal for any company is to get people on your mailing list.
- You don’t want to sell stuff publicly. Sell privately in your newsletter.
- If you’re looking to repurpose your content as a podcast but aren’t the best at it, you can simply read your email newsletter as an audio version.
- If you’re looking to launch a paid version of your newsletter, it’s crucial to build trust with your subscribers before you do that.
- Building trust is all about creating value-first content.
- Choose a niche where you’re the only one doing what you’re doing.
- The best way to turn your audience into subscribers and subscribers into pay subscribers is to visualize the marketing funnel.
- Creating an even basic sales funnel will be enormous for your email list and business.
- It’s much easier to improve something that already exists than it is to create something from scratch.
Newsletter + Guest Info:
- Jens Lennartsson: http://jenslennartsson.com/, https://twitter.com/JensLennartsson
- Make & Market Newsletter: https://makeand.market/
- Twitter for No-Coders: https://gumroad.com/l/nocodetwitter
Patreon: if you’re interested in supporting the show, become a patron here https://www.patreon.com/newslettercrew. We’ll be reading the supporters each week.
Newsletter Crew Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.