About this episode: On this episode we have the talented Anne-Laure Le Cunff. She runs a newsletter called Maker Mind that currently has over 20k subscribers. We'll cover topics like lead magnets, monetization, sponsorships, affiliates, growing to 20k subscribers and more!
Show Notes & Insights:
- Many newsletters that are part of a bigger company or personal brand would benefit from naming their newsletter something different. This opens up the possibility of launching multiple newsletters under the same umbrella.
- To see consistent growth you must be consistent and promote it on every channel that makes sense.
- Promote your content systematically.
- If you are consistently creating great newsletter content others will inevitably promote it for you.
- If you're looking to increase landing-page subscribe conversion then offer a lead-magnet as an incentive to subscribe.
- The more traffic the better, if you're not able to convert anyone to subscribe then it's wasted.
- The quality of subscriber may not be as high with a lead magnet than without.
- The biggest problem with lead magnets is individuals subscribing solely for the lead management. They may unsubscribe right after or never open another email after.
- Lead magnets aren't a magic bullet. It will increase conversions but don't rely on it solely for growth.
- Being highly-selective with the sponsors will keep the trust between you and your subscribers.
- Sponsors help a newsletter stay free. It's a win-win-win approach.
- Every newsletter is unique. Really think through if sponsorship is right for your newsletter.
- Don't wait until you're in front of your screen to start writing your long-form content newsletter. Constantly be thinking about and writing down ideas for it.
- Keep on showing up, keep consistent, keep providing value and you will see an impact on growth and engagement.
Newsletter + Guest Info:
Patreon: if you’re interested in supporting the show, become a patron here https://www.patreon.com/newslettercrew. We’ll be shouting out the supporters each week.
Newsletter Crew Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.