About this episode: This week we have Falak Sher a med-school drop out turned newsletter creator. Falak spend 4 hours a day on his daily newsletter called IndieLetters, a newsletter curating the best content of IndieHackers. This episode we’ll discuss Falak’s daily work flow, how he reduced his 4 hour a day newsletter to only 2 hours a day, his newsletter tools, and much more!
Newsletter Crew Membership: https://newslettercrew.memberful.com/checkout?plan=45199
Join the Newsletter Crew and get access to a community of successful newsletter creators that know what it takes to build a newsletter business. You’ll get access to the forums, chat, and the private podcast stream. There are some amazing things happening that you don’t want to miss out.
- IndieLetters was born when Falak saw it was very difficult to digest all the information on IndieHackers.
- IndieLetters uses a custom landing page with MailerLite for email hosting.
- MailerLites free templates are much better than MailChimp.
- Falak will launch IndieLetters on many different newsletter directories such as LetterList, InboxReads, Thanks for Subscribing, NewsletterStack. Also ProductHunt and Reddit.
- Falaks advice for individuals wanting to start a newsletter is simply to throw up a one page landing-page and start writing.
- His newsletter is a learning tool to help him build his SaaS business.
- The two tips Falak has for growing your newsletter are to deliver quality over quantity and embed sharing links inside the newsletter.
- Once a month request your newsletter subscribers to share the newsletter.
- Create a share link with http://sharelinkgenerator.com/
Newsletter Directories Mentioned:
Guest + Newsletter Info:
If you’re interested in purchasing the Profitable Newsletter course, please use the link below to help support the show.
Newsletter: Join the newsletter to get amazing curated content on how to build, run, and grow your newsletter. Go to https://newslettercrew.com/newsletter.
Patreon: if you’re interested in supporting the show, become a patron here https://www.patreon.com/newslettercrew. We’ll be reading the supporters each week.